Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Rising Star??

Since the last time I blogged things have been just as crazy and busy. In addition to school work, Aidan has been busy with other projects as well. About 2 weeks ago he got called to do a fashion show at Metro Center Mall. He'd never one before but he decided to give it a shot. He was asked to model for Journey Kids (they called us on Tuesday and the show was on Saturday) so we hauled tail to the mall to get his wardrobe for the big day. I was nervous that his psoriasis would flare up just in time for the show, so again we did everything possible to prevent a flare up. Saturday came and Aidan was looking really good, and he even confessed to me that he was a bit nervous since he didn't know what to expect. I told him he would be fine and do great! Finally it was show time and we were anxiously awaiting for Aidan to make his appearance. I saw him coming up to the runway and started to get butterflies in my stomach (I can only imagine how he felt!). He walked up there and looked a little nervous, but smiled the whole time and did a great job.

Next he heard about a contest that a local radio station Mix 96.9 was going to be holding, a singing contest! He wanted to sign up right away, so I said ok. I filled out the paperwork submitted his video and he has officially been entered in the contest. Of course he chose his favorite song of all La Bamba. Since I had taken video of him performing for his school talent show I decided to use that footage. Although the video was kinda shaky he really did a good performance that day. So now the contest is on and it's open for voting. Promotional part.......please make sure to vote for his video http://www.mix969.com/pages/kiddieokee/vote-entrants.php?ag=7#1 you can vote everyday once per email address/IP address. If he does well in round 1 of voting, then he will move on to round 2 starting May 2nd. If he makes it to the finals he'll then be performing live at Desert Ridge Marketplace for the Finals round.


Recently Aidan has been experiencing a flare up, nonetheless he has been keeping busy with what he loves to do, entertain. He really amazes me and his attitude is so good. He doesn't let his psoriasis get in the way of the things he loves the most. We are working hard to get him cleared up and he is also helping out by being such a good sport and doing everything we ask of him. Everyday this little boy amazes me even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment